Sunday 8 September 2013

Dear Jane (3)

Hey Jane,

It's the Rosie post - all about me!
I'll try not to put too many details in because I know how you hate that.

My birthday is October 1st
I am 162cm tall
I have two cats - one called Ella and one called Mingus.
My younger brother is 14 now and his name is Sandy.

At school my subjects are:
English, Maths A, French, Modern History, Music and Music Extension.
I used to do Ancient History but I dropped it for Mexicans (music extension) so now I have spare sessions which are great.
I really like English and maths, I hate French with a vengeance (I wish I could do Japanese), Modern History is alright and I love the musics because everyone is so talented and nice to me even though I'm just a beginner composer. 
I compose film soundtracks - mostly horror/fantasy. I might upload some later :)

I still really love Japanese and Japanese culture. I am teaching myself very slowly but it's difficult with so much to do this year.
There's a cute little Apple app called "Hiragana Pixel Party" which I love. It's old school cool pixelated and with rocking little songs - you learn the characters to the beat of the tune!
Next year at uni I'll do a full course in Japanese with an arts degree. I have no idea what I want to do except that I want to travel (especially to Japan).

I still work at the same place as I did when you were there at my first trial. Do you remember? It's fun there. I work every week on the day that we all used to meet up after school for 7/11 slushies.
My phone number is still the same as it was the last time you contacted me (after your birthday last year).
I know more about how your sister is doing this year than I know about you.
Kalen is doing very well this year. She is working very hard!!

My best friend at school is AndrĂ©e and I truly love her. We take care of each other and with so much going on lately, I so grateful to have found someone so beautiful and kind to me. 
I still love reading - even if I have less time now - I try to read when there are lulls in my school and work. I always read more than 3 books at once so at the moment the books on my bedside table are: The Collected Works of Edgar Allan Poe, 1Q84 and Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami, The Roald Dahl Treasury, Cat Confidential by Vicky Hall and The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkein (do you remember reading this in grade 3?).

I have braces now. I hate them very much but my parents are paying big moolah for them so I try to like them.
I feel terrible everyday for letting our friendship slip through my fingers. It's my fault that I didn't reach out sooner and for that I am very sorry.


Here is a song that I thought might express some of my feelings to you. It's called "Bluebird" by Katie Noonan and this term she came to my school to talk about composing and she played this live. It's really beautiful. I love the lyrics. Please listen carefully to them!


She is so incredible live! 

I hope you dont want to pretend it's all the way it was
Cause i cried more then you think of
But now im trying to let go of our past
The nest we've made is stronger then you think
And though we all fly we still come home
Guilt is a dark room i can not live there

Signing off now -
Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment